-
April 21st, 2005, 11:50 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Hello!
I need some help...
I have an older Samantha doll (89) and her leg is falling off. I don't want to surrender her to the doll hospital even though I live about 15 minutes away from AGPNY.
I read about "refurbishing" dolls, but I don't remember if I saw anything about restringing the limbs. Anyone have instructions on how to do it?
Thanks so much!
Thanks for the replies so far...
I should be more specific about the "leg problem." The plastic socket, if you will, is literally unstitched from the cloth body. I will add a photo later if I can figure out how, but in the meantime I wil try to describe further...
If you look where the leg and body come together you will see that the plastic leg is sewn onto the cloth. The whole inside of her thigh has become unstitched so I can now see the stuffing.
Do you have any suggestions for fixing that? Do you think I can sew through the plastic if I get a strong enough needle?
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 21, 2005 01:28 PM: Message edited by: jennifermarym ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks